Challenge yourself on a 6-sided adventure tower with a variety of unique climbs.
Roll over an image to view.
Click to Enlarge.
Challenge yourself on our 6-sided adventure tower with a variety of unique climbs. The Tango Tower is an adventure climbing tower consisting of a variety of climbing challenges. This tour offers fabulous team building and communication exercises for the family or corporate functions.
The Tango Tower is located on the 1.5-acre wooded peninsula at the middle of the action; 42 feet tall; six sides and seven challenges (2 challenges on 1 side); suspension bridges also lead to the top
as well as the launch pad for Line 6. 12 people can climb at the same time.
• Challenge 1 – X-Ladder. Made of rope where either one or two people can climb to a cargo net to reach the top.
• Challenge 2 - Giant's Ladder. Two person element where partners work together to climb on beams positioned progressively further apart.
• Challenge 3 – Centipede. One person climbs a suspended telephone pole using climbing holds.
• Challenge 4 - Vertebrae Ladder. One person climbs a telephone pole that is cut in sections resembling “spinal vertebrae” and suspended by a cable that runs through the middle of the sections.
• Challenge 5 - Climbing Faces. Either one or two people climb one of two climbing faces; one face has several overhangs.
• Challenge 6 - Wild Woosey. Two climbers start at the beginning and each stays on their own pole that gets progressively further apart from their partner.
• Challenge 7 - King's Swing. A climber swings to another platform after climbing up to each level; also possible to climb directly up the rope instead of using the platforms.
Walk Along Adventure. A great photo opportunity for non-climbing friends.
For those who wish keep two feet on the ground we also offer a guided walk along tour. This is the perfect option for the family vacation photographer, and to learn about our ecosystem.
What to Know
Check in: 30 minutes before adventure at Piihole Ranch, 779 Piiholo Road, Makawao, HI 96768.
Duration: 1.5 hour
Included: a light snack, water bottle, rain gear (if necessary), safety harness and individually sizable safety helmets.
Please wear: long pants. *Closed toe shoes are required.
Restrictions: Must be at least 10 years old, weigh between 60 - 250 pounds, and be in good physical condition. This adventure is not for pregnant women, people with back problems or any other medical condition that may be aggravated by this activity. No scuba diving 24 hrs prior to this tour.
Tango Tower adventures happen rain or shine, but if the weather is extreme, we may cancel or reschedule to suit you.
Driving Directions [ show
GPS address: 799 Piiholo Road, Makawao HI 96768
Driving into Kahului on Dairy Rd, turn right onto Highway 36 (Hana Highway) and proceed 2 miles.
Turn uphill onto Highway 37 (Haleakala Highway) and drive approximately 7.25 miles.
Watch for the sign to "Historic Makawao Town", and turn left onto Makawao Avenue.
Proceed straight for almost 2 miles and turn right onto Piiholo Road.
You will see the parking lot on the right, at 779 Piiholo Road.
Pull into the parking area in front of the building and
proceed into the store to start your check - in process.
Estimated driving times:
30 minutes from Kahului Airport
45 minutes from Wailuku/Central Maui Area
1 hour from Kihei/Wailea/South Maui Area
1.5 hours from Kaanapali/West Maui Area
2 hours from Kapalua/Kahana Area
2 hours from top of Haleakala Crater
*This activity requires a party of 8 or more people.